Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from February, 2016

Burda Shawl Coat

I made a new coat! This is Burda 11/2014, models 110 and 111 (the length is somewhere in between the two models, I think I increased the shorter version by 5 inches).


This was a much easier coat to make than my previous one, but it still took aaages to finish. I tried to be careful with everything, and followed instructions in my Singer sewing book closely.

The fabric is a plum wool, I think it might be a boiled wool, but I'm not sure - the yardage came from a store in Bucharest, which is better than most stores in Bucharest at labeling things, but still doesn't really distinguish between the different types of wool.

Truth be told, I wanted something a bit more pink (like the original Burda pictures), but I couldn't find anything suitable, so it had to be either plum or some typical dark winter color (the horror!)


I cut a straight 38, which for Burda coats fits me very well - my previous coat was a 38 too. I didn't need to make a muslin because last May, when I was s…