Skip to main content

Stuck with a crochet pattern

I'm making the free pattern that came with the crasftsy "Beyond Basic Broomstick Lace" class. It's a cute wristlet pattern that has broomstick lace insertions.



Here's the pattern on ravely, and here it is on the Stitch Diva website (that's where I got the photo above).

The only problem is that I'm stuck. Unfortunately, since the pattern is free, there's no where on craftsy to ask a question about it. I asked the question on ravelry but I'm not sure anyone will answer.

Here is where I am with this:


The instructions now say:

"Take a look at the glove at this point. You will see tiny imperfections at the beginning of each round. Orient the glove on your arm so that this side lays to the outer, palm side of your forearm when your arms are laid on the table.  Put clip-on mrks on the 2 fpdc at the base of the thumb"

Which I understand to mean that I need to mark two adjacent stitches, like so:


However the next instruction line says:

"Next 5 (5, 6) Rounds: Increases - Sl st around post of first st from front to back, ch 3, fpdc around each st to st before first marker, fpdc around marked st and transfer marker to st just made, fpdc around same st so that 2nd st is on TOP of first st, fpdc up to and including next marked st, fpdc BEHIND first fpdc made in marked st, transfer marker to fpdc just made, fpdc around each st to end, sl st to top of beg ch-3—46 (50, 56) sts"

And I have no idea how to interpret this. I thought I might have been wrong about the marker but having two different stitches marked does not help.

Any ideas on how to proceed here? Not really sure what TOP and BEHIND mean either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make silk bias binding

I promised this tutorial a while ago, but was too busy with work to get to it. This tutorial will focus on how to iron and fold the binding, rather than how to cut it. I have three links to good tutorials about how to do the correct cutting.


Here goes: a tutorial for properly making bias binding. Apologies for picture quality, I was using my phone.

Tools needed:
* silk square for the bias, sewing machine and scissors to make the continuous bias strip that will be ironed into place
* a 2-inch (5cm) wide piece of cardboard
* some sort of vaporiser, filled with water
* bias tape maker - for these pictures, I used a Clover which makes 1/2" binding (starts with 1" strips), but if I were to do this again, I'd use the one which makes a 1" binding (out of 2" strips)

Naming:
* left-side: bias strip not yet passed through the bias maker
* right-side: bias strip which has been folded by the bias maker



Steps:

1. Cut bias strips out of your silk square. I like this tutorial…

A new shirt

I made a white shirt. I cut this out sometime in late September, and I used McCalls 6035 again. I managed to finish it around Christmas. I wanted a nice white shirt, with a bit of a twist, so I added grey embelishments to it.


I am very pleased with how the embelishments turned out. I did a few things:
- embroidered the collar with French knots
- added grey/white twill tape to the sleeve seams
- used mother-of-pearl-with-grey-tint buttons

The effects are subtle, but they are there and I like them.



I embroidered the collar using two shades of grey, in a "burst" pattern. I tried to be relatively consistent about density of the French knots, but I think a bit of difference isn't very bad.


The collar was the first thing I finished, and it stayed there for a long time, until I found the time to get back to sewing.


I used a lot more interfacing on the collar than I normally do, and I think it shows. The buttons and tape on sleeves were added later and they're not very speci…

Birds dress

Just another sheath dress from me today, from my TNT pattern. This one is all about the fabric:

I got this bird fabric from Plush Addict, and it seems to have been the last fabric purchase pre-baby (Cosmo - Nihonkai - Budgies On Oxford Cloth if you are interested), so didn't cut into it for a long time. In May, after finishing my coat, I finally took the plunge.


The pattern, as I said, was my TNT sheath pattern, pretty simple. The biggest challenge with this dress was fabric placement, I didn't want any weird bird cuts at seams, nor did I want any other sort of weird placement. 
As i had 2 meters of this fabric, I thought I should be able to get all that, so I spent a lot of time moving fabric pieces around, until I got it. I'm pretty happy with myself, the seams meld as much as possible, I'm particularly proud of the center back:


Construction wise, this dress has 6 darts and 5 seams, so it is all relatively straightforward. I stabilized the neckline and armholes with…